It may not be time to unthaw the turkey or settle in for a full day of football-watching, but it is time to think about an event in our area that’s become synonymous with Thanksgiving – the 30A 10K.
To date, the race series – which includes a 10K, 5K and one-mile fun run – has raised more than $250,000 for Bay, Walton and Okaloosa County charities including Sandcastle Kids, the Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance, The Repertory Theatre in Seaside and Hurricane Michael relief, among others.
It is the race’s legacy of giving, and fast and flat course beginning in Rosemary Beach and traveling along Scenic Highway 30A, that has made the event one of the Top 10 Thanksgiving Day races in America and one of the Top 5 Thanksgiving Day races in the South, according to Southern Living magazine.
The 2019 edition of the 30A 10K is sure to sell out quickly. Take a look at the following schedule of events and then get registered:
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 27
- Noon to 7 p.m. – Packet pick-up and Thanksgiving Extravaganza at The Hub
- The Thanksgiving Extravaganza features fun for the whole family. The Hub features an outdoor marketplace with shops, restaurants and entertainment for all ages.
THURSDAY, NOV. 28 – RACE DAY!
- 5:30 a.m. – Barrett Square in Rosemary Beach closes for race set-up. Use East and West Water Streets for detours
- 7 a.m. – Scenic Highway 30A closes from East Water Street to Watersound Beach
- 7:15 a.m. – 10K race begins
- 7:20 a.m. – 1 Mile Fun Run begins
- 9 a.m. – 5K race begins
- 10:30 a.m. – Scenic Highway 30A re-opens to traffic
- 11 a.m. – Barrett Square re-opens to traffic
To learn more about this event, visit 30A 10K.