Getting to the beaches in Destin and along Scenic Highway 30A will now be easier for vacationers in five U.S. cities. Allegiant announced new nonstop routes to Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) in mid-January. To celebrate the largest expansion in Allegiant’s history, the company is offering one-way fares on the new routes as low as $33.
This major addition to service is driven by Allegiant’s goal of connecting leisure travelers in underserved cities to popular destinations around the country. Most of the new routes are non-competitive, with no other airline providing service between those airports.
“There is a lot of leisure demand for cities that are regional destinations, and this route expansion will address some of that need,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant vice president of planning and revenue. “Also, this growth is about Allegiant being true to our mission as a company. We’re increasing the number of low-cost, affordable travel options for people who may otherwise be priced out of air travel.”
The new seasonal routes to Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS) include:
- Boston, Massachusetts via Logan International Airport (BOS) – beginning May 14, 2020, with one-way fares as low as $33.*
- Dayton, Ohio via Dayton International Airport (DAY) – beginning May 14, 2020, with one-way fares as low as $55.*
- Houston, Texas via William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) – beginning June 5, 2020, with one-way fares as low as $33.*
- Chicago, Illinois via Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) – beginning June 5, 2020, with one-way fares as low as $33.*
- Newburgh, New York via New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) – beginning May 21, 2020, with fares as low as $55.*
To book, visit Allegiant Air.
To learn more about the beaches of northwest Florida, check out our free local area guide.