You know what goes great with Thanksgiving? The beach. Whether you’re planning a holiday getaway for two or gathering the entire family on the Emerald Coast this November, we’ve found some meal options to eliminate your time in the kitchen so you can spend more quality time together.
As always, with this type of information and due to potential COVID restrictions, we recommend calling ahead to verify availability and to make reservations as needed.
Destin & Fort Walton Beach
- Harbor Docks: Harbor Docks has planned for a take-out only Thanksgiving meal option. Visit harbordocks.com or call 850.837.2506 for more details.
- Grande Vista Bar & Grill at Emerald Grande: Enjoy Thanksgiving at the Emerald Grande, with more details forthcoming. For information, visit emeraldgrande.com or call 850.424.0621.
- Brotula’s Seafood House & Steamer: Brotula’s will offer a hands-free Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Adults can dine for $45.95; children 3-11, $24.95; younger than 3, free. Call 850.460-8900 to make reservations or visit brotulas.com for more information.
- The Crab Trap: The Crab Trap in Destin will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner special from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, visit crabtrapdestin.com or call 850.654.2722.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: In prior years, diners at Ruth’s Chris Steak House have been able to choose from an early or late reservation time to enjoy either Thanksgiving dinner or items from the regular menu. For reservations, call 850.837.7884 or visit ruthschrisdestin.com.
- 790 On The Gulf: Celebrate Thanksgiving at 790, which is still finalizing its plans for Thanksgiving Day. Dinner times will occur between 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended by calling 850.650.4853. Visit 790onthegulf.com for additional information.
- The Gulf on Okaloosa Island: The Gulf is planning both an in-restaurant meal and pick-up options; details are still being finalized. Call 850.387.1300 or visit thegulf.com for more details.
- Jackacuda’s: Brotula’s sister restaurant will offer a hands-free Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Adults can dine for $45.95; children 3-11, $24.95; younger than 3, free. Call 850.460.2909 for reservations. Visit jackacudas.com for more.
- The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa: Thanksgiving plans are being made in one of the ballrooms at The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa. Reservations are required by calling 850.424.4453. Visit hendersonbeachresort.com for additional details.
- Marina Cafe: The traditional Thanksgiving buffet will be offered here. Call 850.837.7960 or visit marinacafe.com for more information.
- Solaris: Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner on the water aboard the 125-ft. Solaris yacht. In addition to a decadent Thanksgiving buffet, you can sit back and relax as the yacht cruises through the Choctawhatchee Bay. The SOLARIS will cruise twice on Thanksgiving Day, with lunch and dinner hours. Cost is $75 for adults; $40 for children 3-10; and, $25 for infants 2 and younger. This one frequently sells out so make your reservations now at sunquestcruises.com or by calling 850.650.2519.
- Vintij Food & Wine: A four-course Thanksgiving feast and a la carte options are being prepared for Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Reservations are highly encouraged by calling 850.650.9820. Visit vintij.com for more details.
- Hilton Sandestin: Offering both a Thanksgiving buffet as well as to-go options, you can choose from turkey and prime rib as well as traditional sides, from noon to 4 p.m. Cost is $36.95 for adults; $14.95 for children 6 to 12; and free for children five and younger with a paying adult. Call 850.267.9500 ext. 44 for reservations or visit hiltonsandestinbeach.com/destin-florida-events.
- Emeril’s Coastal: Closed on Thanksgiving Day, the restaurant will offer Thanksgiving meal pick-up at the restaurant prior to the holiday. More details are forthcoming. Call 850.608.7040 or visit emerilsrestaurants.com for additional information.
- The Surf Hut: Offering Thanksgiving for the first time, The Surf Hut will prepare a traditional Thanksgiving plated dinner and offer a limited menu. Call 850.460.7750 or visit surfhutdestin.com.
30A/Santa Rosa Beach
- Old Florida Fish House: Old Florida Fish House will offer both traditional Thanksgiving plates, as well as entrees like honey ham, prime rib and shrimp and grits on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. A take-out menu will be available soon. Call 850.534.3045 for reservations or visit oldfloridafishhouse.com.
- Cuvee 30A: Offered in family-style dinner seating as opposed to a traditional buffet, enjoy Cuvee 30A’s Louisiana fried turkey and an assortment of traditional trimmings, side dishes and desserts, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thanksgiving Day. Visit cuvee30a.com/thanksgiving for menu, reservations or turkey to-go orders. Call 850.909.0111 for more information.
- Café Thirty-A: Call ahead for reservations (850.231-2166), which were nearly full at the time this blog post was created. Their Thanksgiving takeout menu for six is another option, with an order deadline of 5 p.m. November 22. Visit cafetthirtya.com for more details.
- The Great Southern Cafe: Plans are underway for a Thanksgiving meal, with reservations opening November 1 at 8 a.m. The restaurant advises calling early to grab a spot — 850.231.7327. More details may be available on their website: thegreatsoutherncafe.com.
- Stinky’s Fish Camp: Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for Thanksgiving dinner. It’s the only day of the year that Stinky’s accepts reservations. Reach them at 850.267.3053 or visit stinkysfishcamp.com.
- Fish Out of Water: A turkey plate feature will be on the menu from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day to include turkey, sweet potato mash, cornbread dressing and more. Tables are available first-come, first-served. Call 850.534.5050 or visit FOOW30A.com.
- The Pearl: Enjoy either a traditional buffet-style meal or a plated Thanksgiving dinner at The Pearl and Havana Beach Bar & Grill. Hours for both are noon to 5 p.m. Cost is $65 for adults; $35 for children 3 to 12. Call 866.378.3234 or visit thepearlrb.com for more information.
- The Bay: Plans are underway for a Thanksgiving meal, with reservations opening November 1 at 8 a.m. The restaurant advises calling early to grab a spot — 850.622.2291. More details may be available on their website: baysouthwalton.com.
- Vue on 30A: Thanksgiving will be served at the restaurant from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with reservations only. To-go orders are also being accepted and must be placed by Saturday, Nov. 21. Call 850.267.2305 or visit vueon30a.net.
- Restaurant Paradis: Open for regular dining on Thanksgiving as well as a traditional Thanksgiving meal option. Reservations are required and space is limited. Call 850.534.0400. For more information, visit restaurantparadis.com.
- The LakeHouse: Located in WaterColor, The Lakehouse will offer a buffet-style brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Reservations are strongly encouraged. Call 850.534.5975 or visit their Facebook page for more details.
- The Perfect Pig: Exclusively at the WaterColor location, the Perfect Pig will be offering three different seatings (11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.) for a buffet-style Thanksgiving dinner, which includes champagne and cranberry mimosas for adults. Reservations are recommended by calling 850.533-1522. Visit the Perfect Pig’s website for more details.
Panama City Beach
- Shades30A: The restaurant is closed Thanksgiving Day, but is offering fried turkey pick-up to feed four to six people. The deadline for placing your order is the Monday prior to Thanksgiving, with pick-up at noon November 24 or 11:30 a.m. November 25. Call 850.231.9410 to place an order. Visit shades30a.com for more restaurant info.
- The Grand Marlin: Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, the restaurant will serve Thanksgiving options as well as a la carte menu offerings. They also offer a Thanksgiving-To-Go option for $150 for four people. Reservations for in-house dining are recommended by calling 850.249.1500. View more details at thegrandmarlin.com/pcb.
- Runaway Island: New for 2020, Runaway Island will have a self-serve beachside patio buffet downstairs and a served buffet upstairs in the dining area that overlooks the gulf from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost is $29.99 per person. Call 850.634.4884 to make reservations for the best dining times. More details are available at runawayislandpcb.com.
- Sharky’s Beachfront Restaurant: Add crab legs to your traditional Thanksgiving feast at Sharky’s, which will be offering a buffet from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Reservations are recommended by calling 850.235.2420. Visit sharkysbeach.com for more details.
- Saltwater Grill: Enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving buffet, by reservation only, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Cost is $38 for adults, $19 for children 12 and younger. Children younger than 3 eat free with a paying adult. Call 850.230.2739 to get on the list. Visit saltwatergrillpcb.com for more.
If you know of other local Thanksgiving dining options that we should know about, please drop us a comment below!
Updated: November 16, 2020