Editor’s note: This month’s Business Beacon is a spotlight on Force Fitness, led by strength and conditioning coach Kyle Higginbotham. Kyle’s new fitness app, KH Fit, is an all-in-one training platform offering everything from nutrition to training programs. “It’s like having me as your own personal trainer from anywhere in the world,” he said. Download it now for Apple or Android devices.
Do you have an interesting topic you think we should cover? Leave a comment below!
1. How did you get the idea or concept for your business?
KH: Fitness has always been a major part of my life. I started teaching fitness classes at my local boxing gym and I knew this is what I was meant to do.
2. Let’s discuss numbers: What year did you open? How many locations do you have? How many people do you employ?
KH: I started training in 2012; now, I train out of Grand Fitness and Grayton Beach Fitness as well as Tops’l Beach and Racquet Club.
3. What do you sell or what service do you provide? What’s your best seller?
KH: Helping people reach their fitness goals and one-on-one sessions are my best sellers.
4. What’s unique about what you do or offer?
KH: My passion for helping people.
5. How would you describe your business to a potential customer?
KH: Helping people reach their goals at every stage of their lives.
6. What do you love most about your line of work?
KH: My business is helping people physically reach the best version of themselves.
7. What sorts of trends are you seeing in your industry?
KH: During COVID, my business shut down completely but once things opened back up, people realize how important health was not just physically but mentally as well, and the gym has been slammed ever since.
8. Tell me in just a sentence or two what you feel sets you apart from your competitors.
KH: My passion for fitness and sharing it with my clients.
9. Who or what inspires you? This could be a family member or celebrity, a particular quote or even a book/movie/podcast. This sky’s the limit!
KH: Definitely my wife and my two girls inspire me. Super early mornings and long days in the gym make it worth it when I get to come home to those beautiful ladies.
10. What’s the best thing about being a part of the Emerald Coast, personally and/or professionally?
KH: The people for sure. I love the small-town vibe.
11. Are you/your business involved in the community in any way? Volunteering or giving back? If so, how?
KH: Yes! Between charity Halloween races my wife and I put on every year to me coaching youth sports for the local rec leagues.
12. What does a typical day in your business look like? (Pretend it’s Monday (or Friday!) and take me through the highlights of your day.)
KH: A typical day for me is early morning 6 a.m. clients and usually back-to-back sessions until noon. Then, it’s time for my own workout, a quick lunch and to gear up for my evening clients.
13. What’s your best “insider tip?” (This could be a community tip for vacationers or homeowners or even a tip for customers related to your business.)
KH: Consistency, break a sweat every day.
14. How do you recharge or relax when the day is done?
KH: Family time always is my favorite.
15. Just the deets, please! Where are you located? Business hours? Social media profiles and/or website links we need to know about? (Please feel free to add social media handles or direct links!)
KH: Grand Fitness and Grayton Beach Fitness as well as Tops’l Beach and Racquet Club. Find me on IG @forcefitness_kyle. My new fitness app, KH Fit, is an all-in-one training platform offering everything from nutrition to training programs. Download it now for Apple or Android devices.
16. One final question: If there was just one thing you wish the public knew about your business, what would it be?
KH: I love making fitness fun! Come work out with me and let me help you reach your fitness goals.