Editor’s note: This month’s Business Beacon is a spotlight on Gear4Here, a local company that rents and sells the gear you need to make the most of your vacation. Co-owner Tiffany Hall, who runs the business with her husband, Rob, talked to us about their new venture, their bestseller and “Large Marge. You can find Gear4Here on Facebook and Instagram.
Do you have an interesting topic you think we should cover? Leave a comment below!
1. How did you get the idea or concept for your business?
TH: Rob has always loved bikes. During the quarantine, we decided we wanted to shift gears with our careers. Rob stumbled across our amazing line of electric bikes. After meeting with the owner of the company, we went into business initially to sell them. We got to thinking about our area and what works, so we decided to create a high-end, one-stop-shop rental company. We merged the sales and rental sides. We wanted to offer both so we sell what we rent and rent what we sell.
2. Let’s discuss numbers: What year did you open? How many locations do you have? How many people do you employ?
TH: Ha! When did we open? What day is it? Brand new and very excited to get started. 2022. One location. Just us. We want to keep it simple and manage it ourselves. We want people to have that personalized customer service. Let’s face it: When it’s yours, you take better care of it.
3. What do you sell or what service do you provide? What’s your best seller?
TH: We sell electric bikes, TanDm bodyboards, solo stoves, paddleboards and inflatable docks. We rent electric bikes, paddleboards, docks, kayaks, ultimate beach carts with everything you need for a family beach day, Tandm bodyboards and solo stoves. On the events side for weddings, birthday parties, reunions and other special occasions, we offer a large capacity frozen drink machine (“Large Marge” as we call her), photo booths and cold sparks machines. Our best sellers are, by far, electric bikes.
4. What’s unique about what you do or offer?
TH: Our products are of the best quality. We did our research! What you see on our website is what we deliver to your door. High-quality is our promise.
5. How would you describe your business to a potential customer?
TH: Gear4Here has everything you need for the ultimate beach vacation. We help you build your vacation dream or adventure. From biking around town on our electric bikes to kayaking at Western Lake to paddleboarding in the gulf, we have you covered. Tired of hauling stuff from the car to the beach, our easy-to-push beach cart is filled with a Neso tent, umbrella and chairs, and a cooler with Bluetooth speaker inside. You can’t forget Solo stoves to have that sunset bonfire right on the beach. Having a wedding? Our photo booths, frozen drink machines and cold sparks machines set us apart from the rest.
6. What do you love most about your line of work?
TH: Giving our customers that worry-free arrival, and packing it full of fun, delivered straight to their doors. Delivery at no charge.
7. What sorts of trends are you seeing in your industry?
TH: Getting away from the same old stuff and providing gear or equipment that may not have been available in the past. We plan to constantly upgrade and add equipment that is cutting edge.
8. Tell me in just a sentence or two what you feel sets you apart from your competitors.
TH: We are a small mom-and-pop business on purpose. We want to get to know our customers. We sell and rent the best products possible. Not the “stuff” you typically see the other guys offer.
9. Who or what inspires you? This could be a family member or celebrity, a particular quote or even a book/movie/podcast. The sky’s the limit!
TH: Humility inspires me. I love when people can admit fault and failure resulting in growth and happiness.
10. What’s the best thing about being a part of the Emerald Coast, personally and/or professionally?
TH: Having lived in NW Florida for 27 years, it’s the sense of community. I love the positive energy. The joy people feel while on vacation. Some families get one vacation per year. We want to help them get the most out of it.
11. Are you/your business involved in the community in any way? Volunteering or giving back? If so, how?
TH: Personally, yes. As a business, we are very eager to find volunteering opportunities in the community.
12. What does a typical day in your business look like? (Pretend it’s Monday (or Friday!) and take me through the highlights of your day.)
TH: Cleaning and inspecting our equipment. Answering emails and phone calls regarding reservations. Ultimately, delivering equipment until dark.
13. What’s your best “insider tip?” (This could be a community tip for vacationers or homeowners or even a tip for customers related to your business.)
TH: Parking can be very difficult. Electric bikes are the ideal way to get around. Avoid the lines and multiple stops when you get to town. Rent equipment that is dropped off to you.
14. How do you recharge or relax when the day is done?
TH: Getting out on our boat. Cooking! Visiting with neighbors. Walking our goldendoodle son, Waldo. Visiting with our families as much as possible.
15. Just the deets, please! Where are you located? Business hours? Social media profiles and/or website links we need to know about? (Please feel free to add social media handles or direct links!)
16. One final question: If there was just one thing you wish the public knew about your business, what would it be?
TH: We buy and rent top-quality products that we would want to use while on vacation.