The Golden Spoon winners were announced last week and seven Emerald Coast restaurants were listed among the winners. Our agents at Destin Real Estate Company have a lot of favorites at these local hot spots, and we wanted to share a few menu items below that we just adore!
Cuvee Bistro, Vin’tij, Fish Out of Water, and Fire won Golden Spoons.
- Emily Thurman: “I love the Fried Oyster BLT and the Griddle Smoked Chicken Sandwich with Brie at Vin’tij. It’s one of my favorites for lunch.”
- Bert Summerville-Kain: “I’d recommend almost anything on the menu at Fish Out of Water. Their vegetables are so fresh and from local farmers.”
- Kim Polakoff: “My favorite time to visit Vintij is lunch. Everything I have eaten there has been great, but some favorites that I have ordered time and again…the crabcake platter, grilled portobello sandwich, and the mango ginger glazed salmon.”
- Emily Thurman: “The best cocktail in town is the ‘Something Good Too’ with honeysuckle vodka, lemon and muddled strawberries at Fish Out of Water. It’s served over shaved ice in a tin mug. It’s so refreshing and served best at sunset!”
- Sallie Paris: “Fire–their Sunday champagne brunch is amazing!!! Grits & grillades are delicious, and chocolate chip pancakes too.”
Fleming’s won a Best Brands award.
- Kimberly Kittrell: “Flemings is my favorite. Everything on the food menu is great and the Basil Lemon Drop Martini is amazing.”
- Kim Polakoff: “For a chain restaurant, Flemings is a home run every time. Be sure to try their happy hour from 5-7. Must be seated in the bar for specials, so be prepared to wait for a seat or table. $6 plates and specialty drinks. My favorite drink is the Pomegranate Martini, though not one of the specials. Calamari, mushroom ravioli, salt and pepper shrimp, prime rib burger….. all delish!”
Grayton Bar & Grill received a Best New Restaurant award.
- Pat Carlyle (a Grayton Beach resident) recommends Grayton Bar & Grill’s margaritas.
- Kathryn Sistrunk’s favorite at Grayton Bar & Grill is the tuna poke and whole snapper.
Bud & Alley’s won a Golden Spoon Hall of Fame award.
- Kathryn Sistrunk: “Bud & Alley’s is always good for a tasty margarita!”
Please chime in below in the comments and let us know what your favorite dishes or drinks are at these local eateries!