DESTIN, Fla. (February 25, 2021) – Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty is pleased to announce that Sotheby’s International Realty® affiliated brokers and independent sales professionals achieved a record $150 billion in 2020 global sales volume, a nearly 32 percent increase in sales growth year over year, as the definition of home changed for consumers around the world. Due to a longstanding commitment to innovation, agents were able to seamlessly help clients navigate the changing market dynamics brought on by the global pandemic with existing technology offerings which propelled business momentum.
“We are thrilled to have been a part of an unprecedented year for real estate, both locally and globally,” said Wes Madden, COO of Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty. “It’s a true testament to our culture of collaboration, the unparalleled and innovative resources we’ve implemented to serve our clients’ needs, and the expertise and resilience of our agents and support staff to drive the housing economy despite numerous challenges.”
Long-Standing Commitment to Virtual Technology Paved Way for Success
- Currently, buyers can safely tour more than 6,000 properties via virtual reality or video on sothebysrealty.com.
- Property videos also proved engaging on social media where the brand’s YouTube channel delivered 43 million views or the equivalent of more than one million hours watched.
- Sotheby’s International Realty unveiled a new website, sothebysrealty.com, available in 14 languages and nearly 60 currency conversions, to continue serving its growing international clientele and fuel referrals worldwide.
- The website achieved a notable amount of traffic for the brand with 37 million visits in 2020.
- Property videos on the site produced by Sotheby’s International Realty agents were especially popular and played nearly 13 million times in 2020, totaling more than 90,000hours watched.
A Year of Strategic Growth and Record Achievements
During a year that will be known globally for masks and social distancing than local market movement and sales volume, Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty was pleased to surpass $1.62 billion in sales volume, a 76 percent increase over the previous year. With 75 full-time agents, that’s an average agent production of nearly $22 million, more than six times the market average and one of the highest in North America. We secured 18.1 percent market share in sales greater than $1 million, double that of our closest competitor, and had an average home sales price of $1.4 million, more than twice the market average of $598,541. One-third of our sales volume for 2020 was sold in-house, a testament to our company’s culture of collaboration. And, we were honored to serve more than 1,650 families throughout the year, 48 percent more clients served than the past year. Nine of our agents or teams placed in the ECAR Top 50 and 24 of our agents or teams placed in the Top 100.
In 2020, the Sotheby’s International Realty brand opened more than 50 new offices across the world, bringing the brand’s total presence to nearly 1,000 offices in 75 countries and territories with approximately 24,000 independent sales associates worldwide.
Sotheby’s International Realty increased its total domestic presence to 45 states around the country. Sotheby’s International Realty facilitated affiliate expansions through 12 domestic M&A transactions including California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, and Washington.
- Sotheby’s International Realty continued to expand internationally in key markets and opened offices in seven new territories. In Europe, the brand expanded to Ukraine, Romania, Montenegro, and in Germany. In the Asia-Pacific region, the brand opened its first office in South Korea and expanded in the Caribbean and Latin American region with two new offices in Paraguay and Antigua & Barbuda.
- As affluent individuals looked to acquire secondary homes in markets around the world, Sotheby’s International Realty agents acted as true global real estate advisors and referral volume surged by 42% to $2.9 billion in closed sales volume.
About Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty
Scenic Sotheby’s International Realty has been locally owned and operated since 1998. Our firm of 75 full-time real estate agents led by industry veterans Blake Morar and Chris Abbott focuses on providing unrivaled representation for customers along 30A from Destin to Panama City Beach. In 2013, the firm affiliated with the Sotheby’s International Realty brand, becoming the local connection to a global brand skilled at providing a luxury level of service at every price point nationally and internationally. In 2020, we surpassed $1.65 billion in sales volume. For more information, visit scenicsir.com.