Our area boasts some of the most spectacular golf courses in Florida. Hitting the course is a tradition for many who visit the area annually. If you haven’t treated yourself to an afternoon on one of our world-class courses, be sure you do when you make your trek down this summer. Below are the highlights of just a FEW of our area favorites.
Located along the Choctawhatchee Bay in Destin, Florida, this semi-private course is situated upon the former site of a turpentine plantation owned by Mattie and Coleman Kelly.
- “America’s Top Golf Courses” -Zagat Survey
- “Top 5% of Golf Courses in North America” -Golf Digest
- Hole No. 9 is one of the few holes rated 5 out of 5 by the Florida State Golf Association
- GPS equipped Golf Carts
- Chilled apples served on the 10th tee box
- Call (850) 650-7600 or book tee time online here.
- Click here for more information about the neighborhood.
Camp Creek Golf Course
Located between 30A and Highway 98 between WaterSound and Alys Beach.
Yardage: 7,200 yards of fairways, greens and drive-able bunkers.
- “2nd Best Golf Course” -Golf Digest (2013)
- “18th Best Course in Florida -Golf Digest (2013)
What’s special about this course?
- Unlike the traditional flat terrain of Florida, this is an exciting, hilly course with few flat lies.
- No homes are visible from the course.
- Camp Creek is home to a wildlife corridor (this is a man-made wetland that connects the existing wetland to upland native habitat area) and corresponding plan palette that enhances the environment for wildlife living on the undeveloped lands surrounding the course.
Food & Drink: 19th Hole Grille – serving breakfast and lunch.
Raven Golf Club
With 4 courses to choose from, Sandestin is revered as something of a Golf mecca around here. The Raven Golf Club hosted a stop on the PGA Champions Tour in 2006 & 2007 and is NOT a membership required course.
Yardage: 5,060 – 6,931
- “14th Best Course in Florida” -Golf Magazine (2008)
- “#1 in Northwest Florida” -Florida Golf News (2003)
- 4.5 out of 5 stars “Places to Play” -Golf Digest (2006, 2008)
When you book a tee time on the Raven between 11am and 2pm, you will pay whatever the temperature is when you arrive. So if the thermometer reads 90 degrees, you pay $90 to play (through July 31, 2013).
Food & Drink:
- The clubhouse serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is available here and 2 for 1 dinner is offered on Wednesday nights!
- Don’t miss the libations cart while you’re out on the course!
- Tennis lessons are available at private or group rates.
Become a member to play the course, Members enjoy accompanied and unaccompanied guest privileges. If you own property in WaterColor or WaterSound beach, you have the option to join the WaterSound Beach Club along with your golf course membership.